Friday, April 18, 2008


Yesterday!

Yesterday was quite exciting for me. After several months in preparation I finally recieved a box of CDs on which my musical painting, Fractured Cello, is the cover artwork. The 'Strauss and Rachmaninoff Sonatas for Cello and Piano' feature Ruth Sommers, cello, and David Oei on piano. Both are musicians with Festival Chamber Music (FCM) in New York city.


The other thing that happened was that I picked up a copy of Access Atlanta a weekly arts insert in the Atlanta Journal where my large wacky collagraph 'All You Need is Love' was printed very large in color! I was away when the paper came out but Cathy at Heaven Blue Rose Gallery in Roswell where my prints are exhibited had kept me a copy. Last night when I went up to the gallery to pick up the paper the amazing 'Alive After Five' event was on. Canton St has a group of galleries and lots of restaurants who all get together to make the monthly events a real swinging affair. There were two bands playing and the street was filled with people eating, walking and shopping. Very impressive and worth visiting if you live in the Atlanta area. Just make sure to get there early if you want a place to park and eat. Details of dates are on the Gallery website.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails