Tuesday, April 15, 2008



In the Studio Again. New Collagraph Print called "Purse and Pumps"




We have just spent the past two weeks on holiday in Toronto helping to build a kitchen and doing lots of painting and cleaning. for our middle son and his partner. His Dad and I along with his partner's step Dad worked non stop for the two weeks and I have to say that it is going to be fantastic. It's a great feeling to see something come together so well after all the work. We now need another holiday to recover.




It's good to be back and in the studio again and creating some new collagraph prints. My printing press arrived just a few days before I left and I only had time to play with it a bit before going to Toronto. I had been looking forward to using all the fabulous ink colours and experimenting!




Today I started work on some small, 4 x 6 inch collagraphs to enter in BIMPE, the Biennial International Print Exhibition held in Vancouver. It is a real challenge for me to work so small but challenges are good and can lead to exciting new work, well that is what I am hoping happens. I will post pictures of the results, meanwhile here is a picture of my first attempt done prior to going away. It's a pretty girly artwork called 'Purse and Pumps'.






No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails