Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Time Goes By...

I've been so busy with the ongoing renovation of my kitchen and bathroom that I've had no time or energy to post or read blogs or even think of doing any art.  In the evening I am exhausted and so I have been relaxing by sitting in front of the tv and watching a wonderful art history series.  The presenter, William Kloss, is an associate with the Smithsonian.  He is a great presenter and brings art history alive with his amazing knowledge all delivered with passion and a twinkle in his eye.  We have been watching The History of European Art which is one of his video series available at The Teaching Company.  If you are interested in art history do check him out. 

Some time ago I posted a photo of this painting called "Swinging at Club 135. I guess it was the word "swinging' in the title that attracted a number of posts from anonymous posters who thought my blog was a suitable place to sell penis enlargement and sexual aids etc. Pretty funny I thought!

3 comments:

Deborah Younglao, Silk Painter said...

lol words are funny things indeed....

Glad your renovation is coming along. It's always a painful process but will be so worth it. I know the gurus tell us we must paint every day no matter what - would be nice but life just doesn't work that way sometimes!

Susanne said...

You're right Deborah, life often gets in the way of art making which can be very frustrating. As you say though, it will be worth it in the long run.

-Don said...

Thanks for reposting this wonderful piece with the update on your renovations. I'm sorry that the renovations are stealing your painting time, but I'm glad you have found a wonderful series on art to help fill the void. I'm going to go check out Mr. Kloss' site now. Thanks for the link.

I'm glad you could see the humor in the unsolicited solicitations... Funny, indeed.

-Don

Related Posts with Thumbnails