Thursday, April 29, 2010

Art for Personal Development and Creativity

Some years ago when we lived in Ottawa I used to teach classes on using art for personal development. These were not technique based classes but an entirely different type of class where we looked at the historical, psychological and spiritual meanings of colour and painted, made masks, discovered and wrote about what it all meant in our life.  Last week I reconnected with a wonderful woman who had attended many of my classes and we spoke about how much we had both enjoyed the experience.  I made some great friends during those years and really enjoyed both teaching and learning from my students. Now that I am likely to be settled in Toronto for some years the idea of teaching again has come to mind. As well as the art for personal development courses I would also like to teach basic printmaking covering printmaking without a press and collagraph. Unfortunately I don't have a suitable place to teach in at present but where there is a will, there is a way to be found.

2 comments:

Eva said...

I am sure you will be a wonderful teacher. I'm sorry I was unable to take your classes when you taught workshops here.I know you will find a
suitable solution. Good luck !

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Oh I bet that is a great class and I know you will find a way to make it happen again. Keep us posted!

Related Posts with Thumbnails