Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Creative Block

I have my studio set up again and I have everything ready to go but I am finding it hard to get the creative juices flowing.

Our life has been very stressful since leaving Atlanta. The woman to whom we let our lovely home when we left, and who we thought was a very nice person, promptly stopped paying the rent and would not answer emails or phone calls. It turns out that despite the reference checks we did that she is a real con person, liar and thief who has been ripping people off for years. She has been served a dispossessary 16 times in the last eight years for not paying rent but has evaded paying any money back by knowing how to play the system. She told us one lie after another and now owes us thousands of dollars and yet she is still in the house and will not leave. We are in the process of evicting her and have a court case coming up in a few weeks time. She has a good job and can afford to pay but just takes advantage of people instead. She has a daughter of 17 and when I told my kids the story they were horrified at what a bad mother she is and what a dreadful example she is setting for her daughter. As they said, no matter how smart she thinks she is, in her quiet moments the knowledge of what she has become will always be there. It's very sad.

So all of this has made it hard to focus on being creative. I am hoping that it will all be over in a week or so and that I can get on with my life and art making. I did buy a fun winter hat today and found a $10 note on the way home so I took that as a good omen!

3 comments:

Deborah Younglao, Silk Painter said...

Gosh Susanne, what a scumbag this woman is! I do hope you win your case against her so you can get back to your art and she can be prevented from conning others.

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Oh Susanne, that is terrible. I completely understand as that happened to me about 10 years ago...a renter who defaulted and had to be evicted. It's a process and I never saw any of the money he owed. My thoughts are with you. And as you so wisely told your children, she will ultimately have to live with what she has done. Bad karma.

I had a creative block a little over 4 weeks ago and my mentor helped me work through it. I posted about it on my blog and if you are up for a somewhat long read, maybe what I wrote will be helpful for your block? Here's the link to that post.

Susanne said...

Thanks Kathleen for your comment and the link to your post about the experience of being blocked. It is a really lovely and helpful posting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails